Aftercare Penis Piercings
The freshly placed piercing will probably be really sensitive and hurt a little. After the first few days the pain should be gone, but it will remain sensitive for the rest of the healing. If this is not the case, contact Queen of Rings, or your physician. Don’t remove the jewellery by yourself, but always check with your piercer first. During the healing the jewellery should not be removed unless you have an allergic reaction.
The amount of time your piercing needs to heal differs per piercing and per person. General conditions and physical play a big role in the healingprocess. Personal hygiene is very important. Directly after getting pierced the spot can become red and swollen. The jewellery should always have space to clean, and to handle more swelling. If the jewellery is tight in the new piercing, contact Queen of Rings too change the jewellery. For a good and quick healingprocess the following rules should be followed:
- Don’t touch the piercing with your hands.
- Wash the skin around the wound twice a day with a saline solution. For piercings in the shaft or head of the penis you can put the penis into a glass filled with saline solution to ensure the cleaning solution gets everywhere.
- Gently press the wound dry with a clean towel of tissue.
- Keep the piercing as dry as possible during the healing process.
- Don’t use any disinfectants like Sterilon, Dettol, Betadine or alcohol. Also stay away from Vasiline.
- Don’t wear any plasters over the piercing except during activities like sports to protect the piercing.
- Avoid contact with swimming water, saunas and tanning beds during the healing. Do not soak the piercing in water for too long.
- Never remove the jewellery by yourself. In case of extreme redness, swelling, bleeding, pus, discoloration, rejection or pain, always contact Queen of Rings or your physician.
- Piercings near the urethra need extra care. Soap in the urethra can cause a urinary infection. Drink a glass of water an hour before cleaning the piercing, and try to stay hydrated during the day.
- During the healing period, intercourse is not advised. After the healing period, the piercing may need some extra protection.
Average healing times:
Prince Albert/Reversed PA 3-6 months
Ampallang/Apadravya 3-6 months
Hafada 6-8 weken
Frenum 6-8 weken
Foreskin 6-8 weken
Dydoe 3-6 months
Pubic 3-6 months
Guiche 3-6 months